Faculty: Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre
Department: AMRC North West
Location: Interim Facilities: Heatley House, Bowram Street, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 2UX
From June 2019 : Samlesbury Aerospace Enterprise Zone
Salary: Grade 7, £30,688 to £38,833 per annum, with potential to progress to £42,418 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution
We have an exciting opportunity for someone with strong technical skills in high voltage DC electrical systems and a good knowledge of manufacturing processes. You will join the AMRC North West at inception and play a part in placing Lancashire amongst the most innovative regions in the UK, joining a well-connected team with world-leading.
You will use your expansive knowledge and problem solving skills to contribute to the development of manufacturing methods appropriate to high-voltage battery packs.
In this varied and dynamic role, you will be responsible for the management of information; including capturing actions and carrying out follow up of actions as well as the ability to identify, analyse and solve long-term strategic technical problems.
- be educated to degree level (or equivalent experience)
- have substantive knowledge of electrical and manufacturing processes
- have experience in performing experimental work
- have experience of delivering a range of projects in Research and Development environments via different management approaches.
- have effective communication skills, both written and verbal, in order to present to customers and communicate to staff on all levels within the organisation.
- experience of writing and reviewing technical reports and publications is also a vital requirement.
If you are passionate about manufacturing, then we would love to hear from you.
Address information – Interim Facilities: Heatley House, Bowram Street, Preston, PR1 2UX
From June 2019: Samlesbury Aerospace Enterprise Zone, Samlesbury, Lancashire
About the University:
We’re one of the best not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK. The University’s Total Reward Package includes a competitive salary, a generous Pension Scheme and annual leave entitlement, as well as access to a range of learning and development courses to support your personal and professional development.
We build teams of people from different heritages and lifestyles from across the world, whose talent and contributions complement each other to greatest effect. We believe diversity in all its forms delivers greater impact through research, teaching and student experience.