Danube University Krems – Department for Migration and Globalization
|Location:||Krems – Austria|
|Placed on:||2018-03-29||29th March 2018|
|Closes:||8th April 2018|
Danube University Krems is Europe’s leading university for continuing education. As the only public university for continuing education in the German-speaking area it specialises in upskilling programmes for working persons and, in teaching and research, is engaged in tackling current and future social challenges. Currently around 9,000 students from more than 90 countries are enrolled in Master’s studies and brief programmes.
To strengthen our team at the Faculty of Business and Globalization/Department for Migration and Globalization we are looking for an
Social Scientist (post doc) in the field of international migration
38.5 hours/week Advertisement No. SB17-0191
- Interdisciplinary research and teaching in the fields of international migration, migration policy and related topics
- Teaching and supervision of graduate students
- Publishing research findings in highly ranked, peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Development and support of university courses
- Identifying new research areas and raising funds for major research projects
- Engaging in national and international research projects and collaborations
- PhD in economics, politics, sociology, geography, population studies or cognate discipline
- Proven teaching and publication record in fields relating to migration
- Experience in interdisciplinary research and proven expertise in the application of quantitative research methods
- Interest in the development and management of university courses
- Documented success in the soliciting research funding
- Experience in setting up and managing collaborative research projects with national and international partners from science and public administration
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, German skills are desirable but not necessary
- A full-time position (38.5 hours per week – flexible working hours) and a minimum annual gross salary of EUR 38.344,74 (job group W3/1 according to the Work and Remuneration Regulations); we are willing to pay a higher salary according to qualifications and experience.
- Danube University Krems offers selected post-doc academic assistants an opportunity to apply for an assistant professorship as part of the envisaged qualification process and to further qualify for an “Associate Professorship” within a maximum period of six years after fulfilling a qualification agreement.
- An innovative and modern working environment at Campus Krems
- Excellent opportunities of continuing education with the University’s own programmes, a comprehensive offer of health promotion and Campus Sport; the University’s own child care facility “Campus Kids”
- Good transport links – Campus shuttle bus from the railway station
Persons with disabilities who meet the required qualification criteria are expressly invited to apply for this position and their applications will be given special consideration.
We are looking forward to receiving your convincing online application by 8 April 2018. For detailed information please see: http://www.donau-uni.ac.at/de/aktuell/jobs/index.php
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback
* Salary has been converted at the prevailing rate on the date placed