Founded in 1845 as Queen’s College Belfast, we became an independent university in 1908. Today, we’re a member of the Russell Group, combining excellence in research and education with a student-centred ethos.
The Centre for Cancer Research and Cell Biology is working with partners around in developing cancer treatments and pioneering advances in patient care.
The successful candidate will strengthen the academic base of the Centre for Cancer Research and Cell Biology within the School. The post holder will undertake research in line with the School/Centre’s research strategy, they will teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level and will contribute to the School’s administration/outreach activity.
Our five core values (Respect, Integrity, Excellence, Ambition, Connected) have been developed by staff and students. They express our shared understanding of what we believe, how we aim to behave and what we aspire to be as an international organisation.
The successful candidate must have:
- A Primary Degree
- A PhD in a related subject area
- A minimum of three years’ research experience at postdoctoral level in a relevant field
- Recent, relevant publications as senior author in peer reviewed/refereed journals that are at recognised internationally as being high quality, commensurate with experience.
- Research profile which complements the research priorities and strengths of the Centre for Cancer Research & Cell Biology
- Experience of developing research methodologies, models, approaches and techniques
- Experience of presentations at national and international meetings and conferences
At Senior Lecturer Level:
- Record of high quality publications as senior author, at an international level of excellence in internationally recognised journals.
- Record of successfully obtaining significant research funding or other resources to underpin research, as appropriate to the discipline, through competitive national or international peer-reviewed processes as Principal Investigator.
- Successful PhD supervision as Primary Supervisor
Further information about the Centre can be found at http://go.qub.ac.uk/CancerResearchCellBiology
Informal enquires may be directed to Dr Paul Mullan, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anticipated interview date: Tuesday 15 May 2018
Lecturer £39,992 – £49,149 per annum (potential to progress to £52,132 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Senior Lecturer £50,618 – £58,655 per annum (potential to progress to £64,079 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Closing date: Monday 23 April 2018
For full criteria and to apply online, visit www.qub.ac.uk/jobs. For further information or assistance contact Human Resources, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on HR@qub.ac.uk
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as people with disabilities and females are currently under-represented in this particular category of work, it would particularly welcome applications from these groups.