As part of Queens University’s Advanced Manufacturing strategy to support economic development within Northern Ireland, an investment of £6M has been made to create an Advanced Manufacturing Technology facility in the Northern Ireland Technology Centre (NITC) at Queens. We are now keen to recruit an ambitious and forward thinking Engineer with experience and skills in Industry 4.0 technology. The successful candidate will become part of a team who are tasked with developing and supporting innovation in the area of Industry 4.0 working closely with our industry partners and academic colleagues. There will be opportunity to develop links and collaborate with other like-minded advanced technology centres within the UK and further afield. This is an exciting 2 year opportunity for a self-motivated team player who is passionate about innovative technology and is interested in advancing their knowledge and experience in this area.
Our five core values (Respect, Integrity, Excellence, Ambition, Connected) have been developed by staff and students. They express our shared understanding of what we believe, how we aim to behave and what we aspire to be as an international organisation.
The successful candidate must have:
- Honours Degree, or equivalent, in related engineering discipline with extensive relevant experience.
- Strong evidence of complex problem solving skills in an industrial environment
- Experience of collaborative working in large multidisciplinary research and development teams.
- Strong evidence of initiating, executing and managing industrial and/or research projects.
- Strong evidence of technical excellence and understanding of fundamental engineering concepts as evidenced by major reports, publications, patents or product designs.
- Evidence of the ability to produce high quality project reports, and the ability to assist in raising substantial funding to support the activities of the research group.
- Proven competence in the theory and implementation of Digitised Manufacturing with experience using relevant software packages and associated manufacturing technologies.
- Competent in the application of CNC manufacturing equipment for machining and drilling, with clear experience of using CNC related CAD and CAM technologies.
- Strong evidence of complex problem solving skills
- Evidence of leading and delivering on multifaceted projects within deadlines and budget, displaying strong resource management ability.
Informal enquires may be directed to Mr Colm Higgins, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr Rory Collins email email@example.com
Anticipated interview date: Thursday 31 May 2018
Salary scale: £39,992 – £49,149 per annum (potential to progress to £52,132 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Closing date: Wednesday 16 May 2018
For full criteria and to apply online, visit www.qub.ac.uk/jobs. For further information or assistance contact Human Resources, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on HR@qub.ac.uk
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability.
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.