The Precision Medicine Centre of Excellence (PMC) at Queen’s University Belfast is a new clinical laboratory bringing together high-throughput genomics, digital pathology and big data analytics in a fully integrated fashion. The PMC aims to accelerate the translation of potentially relevant diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic findings into clinically actionable information by applying state-of-the-art technology in a clinical laboratory environment. Our partnerships and collaborations with industry, academia and healthcare organisations maximises the potential to capitalise in the value of integrated clinical and biomarker information to improve patient’s outcome.
This post is available for five years to design, develop and validate genomics technologies and protocols for clinical use in the context of biomarker and clinical studies and clinical trials, and design new assays and will work closely with the Clinical Lead in Genomics and Bioinformatics team to clinically validate and deliver these assays.
The successful candidate must have:
- A PhD in cancer genomics, applied genomics, human genetics, or related discipline.
- Substantial relevant research or clinical experience in cancer genomics/molecular pathology, which has led to publications in high-impact factor journals.
- Significant experience designing, developing, managing and analysing NGS technologies and data.
- Significant experience in translational cancer research.
- Significant experience of working in cancer genetics.
- Experience of developing research methodologies and devising models, approaches, critiques and methods.
- Publication record in a relevant field commensurate to experience
- Experience managing budgets and large research projects.
- Experience supervising/managing research and / or technical staff.
Anticipated interview date: Friday 25 May 2018
Salary scale: £39,992 – £49,149 per annum (potential to progress to £52,132 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Closing date: Friday 4 May 2018
For full criteria and to apply online, visit www.qub.ac.uk/jobs. For further information or assistance contact Human Resources, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on HR@qub.ac.uk
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.