Brunel University London – Brunel Innovation Centre (BIC)
to £38,833 per annum
|Placed on:||6th March 2018|
|Closes:||5th April 2018|
- Cambridge – Granta Park
- Brunel Innovation Centre
- Salary (R1): £32,548 – £38,833 Per annum
- Fixed-term – 2 years
The Brunel Innovation Centre (BIC) is seeking to recruit two Research Fellows (Project Leaders) with expertise in Condition and Structural Health Monitoring to join our team in Cambridge.
BIC is a world class research and technology centre (established 2009) that sits between the knowledge base and industry offering high quality research in an innovative environment focused on non-destructive testing, condition and structural health monitoring, power ultrasonics and allied technologies. For more info on BIC, visit www.brunel.ac.uk/bic.
A collaboration between Brunel University London and TWI Ltd, BIC has been awarded funding (Innovate UK, EPSRC and EC) to work with companies across Europe and UK in the energy, aerospace and construction & engineering sectors.
The candidates should be able to develop novel CM and SHM algorithms for diagnosis and prognosis of assets including machinery and structures with the aim of detecting and classifying defects and inferring degradation of an asset health and performance. The post will involve work in the following fields:
- Designing, implementing, testing and maintaining automated data analysis and classification algorithms (signal processing, statistical, machine learning).
- Providing core software engineering practices (writing clear, well documented and testable codes).
- Developing, debugging and validating codes and software using C/C++, MATLAB, and Python.
The successful candidates will have:
- A postgraduate (MSc/PhD/Post-doc) qualification in electrical, mechanical, aerospace engineering or equivalent disciplines.
- Evidence of sufficient knowledge in the above-mentioned discipline and of research methods.
- Experience delivering and preferably leading collaborative research projects (EPSRC, InnovateUK, H2020).
- Good communication and presentation skills and the ability to draft research papers for publication in academic journals and/or combination of industrial experience and/or training.
- A high level of initiative and an ability to work both collaboratively and independently. Team-player and willingness to work on different projects.
- Results-oriented approach, be self-driven with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality work.
For further details and to apply please visit https://careers.brunel.ac.uk.
COMMITTED TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES AND REPRESENTING THE DIVERSITY OF THE COMMUNITY WE SERVE
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback