Founded in 1845 as Queen’s College Belfast, we became an independent university in 1908. Today, we’re a member of the Russell Group, combining excellence in research and education with a student-centred ethos.
This post is available for 12 months to be an active member of the Drug Delivery research cluster within the School of Pharmacy to assist in the planning and delivery of research within the area of pulmonary delivery of antibiotics.
Our five core values (Respect, Integrity, Excellence, Ambition, Connected) have been developed by staff and students. They express our shared understanding of what we believe, how we aim to behave and what we aspire to be as an international organisation.
The successful candidate must:
- Have a relevant PhD or be close to completion (thesis submitted).
- At least 3 years recent relevant research experience (including PhD training) to include the following:
– Experience of microbiology experimental approaches;
– Experience in pharmaceutical formulation development and/or and testing;
– Involvement in publication/presentation of scientific data.
- Relevant research experience.
Further information about the School can be found at http://go.qub.ac.uk/Pharmacy
Anticipated interview date: Friday 20 April 2018
Starting salary: £32,548 per annum
Closing date: Monday 9 April 2018
For full criteria and to apply online, visit www.qub.ac.uk/jobs. For further information or assistance contact Human Resources, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on HR@qub.ac.uk
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.