- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Kirby Institute is a leading global research institute dedicated to the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases. Established in 1986 in response to the then emerging HIV epidemic, the Kirby Institute now contributes to knowledge on a broad range of diseases, including viral hepatitis and sexually transmissible infections.
About the role
- $73,597 – $121,478 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Fixed Term (36 months)
- Full-time (35 hours) or Part-time
This position will focus on the mathematical modelling of experimental data on viral dynamics of HIV during treatment and after treatment interruption to better understand HIV latency. This will involve developing familiarity with HIV literature and underlying biology, biostatistical analysis, and ODE and stochastic modelling.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Post graduate degree, preferably PhD, in mathematics / physics / statistics or other quantitative discipline.
- Demonstrated mathematics, statistics and / or computer programming skills of relevance to modelling and data analysis
- Interest in modelling experimental / clinical data in immunology and infection dynamics
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, preferably with experience in data analysis.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Proven evidence of publications in peer reviewed journals
- At the higher level, evidence of independence and contribution to grant and publication preparation.
- At the higher level, success in funding applications, student supervision and superior publication output.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online – applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Professor Miles Davenport, Program Head IAP
T: (61 2) 9385 2762
Applications close: 27 April 2018
Find out more about working at UNSW at https://kirby.unsw.edu.au/
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity