Founded in 1845 as Queen’s College Belfast, we became an independent university in 1908. Today, we’re a member of the Russell Group, combining excellence in research and education with a student-centred ethos.
This part time, 11 hours per week, post is available until 30 September 2020 and will report to the scientific leaders at QUB and AFBI, the successful candidate will be responsible for establishing and developing strategic relationships between both organisations and Agri-Food stakeholders, including research organisations, industry and the wider Agri-Food communities. Focusing on measuring and improving sustainability within the Agri-Food Sector, the role will seek to identify, drive and manage innovative collaborative research.
Our five core values (Respect, Integrity, Excellence, Ambition, Connected) have been developed by staff and students. They express our shared understanding of what we believe, how we aim to behave and what we aspire to be as an international organisation.
The successful candidate must have:
- An honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area e.g. Biological Sciences, Food Science, Business Administration
- At least 3 years’ recent relevant project management experience within the Agri-Food Sector.
- Experience of working within a research environment.
- Experience of building and managing relationships in a collaborative context with a range of internal/external stakeholders.
- Evidence of strong interpersonal and networking skills with ability to relate to and influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Well-developed analytical skills and ability to analyse complex information to problem solve and inform decision making.
- Ability to work independently with a high level of self-motivation, whilst also working in a wider team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as an ability to influence at all levels.
Further information about the Institute can be found at http://go.qub.ac.uk/InstGlobalFoodSecurity
Anticipated interview date: Tuesday 24 April 2018
Closing date: Monday 9 April 2018
For full criteria and to apply online, visit www.qub.ac.uk/jobs. For further information or assistance contact Human Resources, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on HR@qub.ac.uk
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding