Contract Duration: 3 years
Grading: 6 or 7 (monthly salary starting at £2,855 after tax). For more information about pay and benefits click here
EMBL-EBI’s internationally renowned Training Programme is looking for an experienced operations manager. You will be responsible for the consistent smooth running of the Programme, and your responsibilities will include:
- Evaluating the impact of training: you will be responsible for the collection, quality control and analysis of data related to key performance indicators, enabling us to assess the quality, reach and impact of the programme.
- Ensuring that training equipment, facilities and methods remain state-of-the-art as far as budgets will allow.
- Developing, testing and updating standard operating procedures for all aspects of the programme’s operation; ensuring that key stakeholders, including those delivering training, are involved in this process and can access appropriate guidance on the EMBL-EBI Intranet.
- Supporting the team to make the case for new activities, retaining and further developing a coherent portfolio of activities supported by different funding streams.
- Participating in external collaborations, especially to ensure that EMBL-EBI’s training systems, processes and evaluation procedures set an example for others to follow.
- Ensuring that the EMBL-EBI training web pages and the team web page are updated regularly.
The post reports to the Head of Training. It involves substantial autonomy and requires extensive interactions with others at and beyond EMBL-EBI. The role is likely to involve some international travel.
Qualifications and Experience
You will have: a university degree or higher in the field of life-science or another scientific, technical or engineering discipline; an interest in and experience of bioinformatics or medical informatics research. A qualification in business administration or a related topic would be a bonus but is not essential provided that you have proven experience of delivering quality and value in your current or previous roles.
You will have demonstrated experience of managing operations in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative team environment to deliver results, using evidence-based methods to improve processes and manage change effectively. You will be a competent user of business or project-managements tools, always on the lookout for a more streamlined way to manage processes.
EMBL is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation. The remuneration package comprises a competitive salary, a comprehensive pension scheme and health insurance, educational and other family related benefits where applicable, as well as financial support for relocation and installation.
To apply please submit a covering letter and CV, with two referees, through our online system.
Applications are welcome from all nationalities
EMBL-EBI is committed to achieving gender balance and strongly encourages applications from women, who are currently under-represented at all levels.
Applications will close at 23:00 GMT on the date listed above.