We are seeking an Open Research Coordinator to support the implementation of Wellcome’s open access policy, including managing the delivery and funding of Europe PMC and to take forward new and existing initiatives related to open research.
Working within a small team (5 FTEs) you will be responsible for liaising with internal and external stakeholders (including other funders and publishers) and initiating and managing a range of projects to help increase awareness and compliance of our open access policy.
You’ll need to keep abreast of developments in the UK/international open access/open research landscape and be willing to speak at various key conferences and represent the Wellcome on relevant committees.
About the job
To succeed in this role, you will have a strong understanding of issues relating to open research (open access, data sharing etc.) and have some knowledge and/or experience of academic research and the publishing process. You will also need to be confident interacting with peers and with the external stakeholders, and be a strong and effective advocate for the value of the open research.
Experience & Skills
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to demonstrate:
- The ability to convey, in any medium, the importance and significance of open research
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders on high profile grants and/or complex research projects
- The ability to recognise potential opportunities, persuade others of their importance and take them forward to delivery
- The necessary personal attributes to work with a large range of people, but also work independently
Highly desirable qualities include
- A good understanding of a charitable and committee-based organisations
- Experience of generating and analysing data sets
- An understanding of grant administration
Education & Qualifications
Essential: First degree or equivalent
Desirable: A recognized project management qualification
We believe great ideas can change the world and improve health for everyone. At Wellcome, we help great ideas to thrive by supporting scientists and researchers, taking on big problems, fuelling imaginations and sparking debate.
Wellcome isn’t just a supporter of great ideas; it’s a great place to work. We offer excellent benefits and help our employees to develop in an open, respectful culture where differences are valued.
If you are talented and passionate about our work and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to improve health for everyone, then we’d like to hear from you. You can apply using the link below.