Almac Group Limited
|Placed on:||16th April 2018|
|Closes:||30th April 2018|
Hours: 40 hours per week
Open To: Internal and external candidates may apply
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years now employing almost 5,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Our drive and passion for the values championed by our Founder, and enshrined in the ethos of Almac, ensures that ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a strapline – it is our way of life.
Advancing human health requires exceptional people – your talent, experience and passion will be the perfect match. Together we will make an exceptional difference to the health of countless patients all over the world ………and this is just the beginning.
Let’s be exceptional together
Working as part of the Operations team based in our global headquarters in Craigavon, you will perform routine and advanced molecular biology activities to access proteins to be used in biocatalytic applications. You will clone and express recombinant proteins and provide molecular biology expertise support to R&D programmes and business requirements as agreed with their Manager.
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
- PhD in molecular biology/protein expression and manipulation or a closely related discipline
- Significant industrial experience in molecular biology/protein expression.
- Experience in cloning, expression and mutagenesis of proteins.
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- Hold a 2.2 or above in Bachelors Honours Degree (or equivalent) in chemical sciences or biochemistry
- Specialist working knowledge enzyme production and/or fermentation methods
- Working knowledge of biocatalysis and/or biotransformation processes
Additional essential and desirable criteria are outlined in the job description and person specification attached to the online job posting.
- Competitive salary
- Family friendly flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities and support
- Health promotions
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Long service awards
- 34 days annual leave allowance
- Marriage leave
- Free car parking
- Moving house leave
- Subsidised restaurant
- Paid medical appointments
- Childcare vouchers (including early return bonus)
- Occupational sick pay
- Enhanced maternity pay
- On site physiotherapist
- Critical illness policy
- Perks discount scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Westfield health benefit
(Full detail including eligibility criteria is outlined in the company handbook)
Apply online at www.almacgroup.com/careers
30 April 2018 at 17.00 hours