British Academy of Management
|Placed on:||1st March 2018|
|Closes:||12th March 2018|
Fixed term contract to 31st May 2019
Generous holiday allowance
The British Academy of Management (www.bam.ac.uk) is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, helpful and careful administrator, on a fixed term contract, to join a small and friendly team and to take particular responsibility for membership matters. The role will be based in our office on Euston Road, opposite the British Library, but will involve staying away from home during our annual conference in Bristol in early September and may involve other occasional travel within the UK.
The British Academy of Management is the leading authority on the academic field of management in the UK, supporting and representing the community of scholars and engaging with international peers. It has over 2000 members and runs a major international Conference and Doctoral Symposium each year, attracting 1000 delegates. BAM publishes two major journals: the British Journal of Management and the International Journal of Management Reviews.
The Membership and Administrative Support Officer will be responsible for ensuring that membership activities run smoothly and for providing general administrative support to other members of the team. In particular:
- Responding to membership queries in a timely and helpful manner.
- Taking payments over the telephone.
- Regular production of membership statistics.
- Direct debit renewals.
- Being first point of contact for phonecalls to the office, projecting a fully professional and helpful manner.
- Liaison with external venues to book rooms and order catering for BAM meetings.
- Liaison with members of BAM’s Council and Executive Committee concerning attendance at meetings.
- Production and issue of the monthly e-bulletin.
- Assistance with the annual Conference and Doctoral Symposium including production of consumables (e.g. badges and sign-up sheets).
- Attendance at events as required. This will include the annual conference in September, where travel and accommodation will be provided.
- Other tasks as required.
You will be:
- A good team player with a flexible, positive and resourceful attitude.
- Keen to help the BAM office team provide excellent service to the membership.
You will have:
- A strong understanding of the HE sector.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- A good telephone manner.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of using MS Office.
- Experience of using a CRM system would be helpful, although full training on our database will be provided.
- Experience of minuting meetings. This is not essential, but would be an asset.
To apply for this role, please send a CV with covering letter outlining your suitability for the post to the CEO of BAM, Madeleine Barrows, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications: 9am Monday 12th March 2018
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held on Friday 23rd March 2018
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback