Founded in 1845 as Queen’s College Belfast, we became an independent university in 1908. Today, we are a member of the Russell Group, combining excellence in research and education with a student-centred ethos.
This post is available immediately to undertake research in the field of social work and in line with the School’s research strategy, to teach at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, and to contribute to the School’s administration and outreach. Appointment will either be at Lecturer/Senior Lecturer depending on stage of career.
Our five core values (Respect, Integrity, Excellence, Ambition, Connected) have been developed by staff and students. They express our shared understanding of what we believe, how we aim to behave and what we aspire to be as an international organisation.
The successful candidate must have:
- Primary or higher degree in a social science subject.
- PhD or equivalent awarded or due for completion
- Professional qualification in Social Work.
- Eligible for and willingness to seek required registration as a social worker with the Northern Ireland Social Care Council.
- Have proven experience following successful completion of Assessed Year in Employment or equivalent
At Lecturer Level
- Evidence of an ability to publish, at a rate appropriate to subject and stage of academic career, a range of outputs that are recognised as internationally excellent in terms of quality with respect to their originality, significance and rigour.
- Research interests that are sustainable and which complement the research strategy of the School.
- Potential to earn external research income.
- Must demonstrate a higher academic standing with a reputation in research within their subject specialism and a sustained publication record in peer reviewed/refereed journals or invited presentations that are REF returnable at international level.
- Demonstrate continued success in obtaining significant research funding or other resources to underpin research, through competitive national or international peer-reviewed processes.
- Normally have successful postgraduate student supervision
Further information about the School can be found at http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/ssesw/
Informal enquiries may be directed to:
Anticipated interview date: Tuesday 14 August 2018
Salary scale: Lecturer: £35,550 – £49,149 per annum (potential to progress to £52,132 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Senior Lecturer: £50,618 – £58,655 per annum (potential to progress to £64,079 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
For full criteria and to apply online, visit www.qub.ac.uk/jobs. For further information or assistance contact Human Resources, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on HR@qub.ac.uk
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability.