The successful applicants will take a leading role within the school’s team in delivering professionally accredited programmes in architecture. They will contribute significantly to the school’s teaching and research portfolios and REF submission in the area of architectural design (encompassing architecture structures and technology; or sustainability in architecture). The candidate should be creatively-focused with design-based expertise in sustainability/environmental design or technology/materiality/parametrics.
They will be expected to assume leadership roles within the teaching, organisation and administration of architecture design studio and other taught modules: coordinating programmes, themes and modules as required, delivering lectures, leading seminars, conducting tutorials and devising and participating in other teaching activities.
The successful candidate must have:
- 2(i) Honours degree in Architecture.
- Masters in Architecture (or equivalent).
- A PhD (or about to obtain) in an area related to architectural design; or equivalent indicators of excellence.
- High quality and extensive experience in one or more of the following areas: architectural design incorporating creatively-focused, design-based expertise in sustainability/environmental design, or technology/materiality/parametrics.
- A publication and research record commensurate with stage in career.
- Experience of writing major grant applications.
- Demonstrable high academic standing and esteem in research and/or teaching within subject specialism.
- Evidence of sustained high-quality teaching of architectural design studio, its attendant coordination and other related areas.
- Ability to lead and contribute to broader management and administrative processes; organise outreach activities.
Further information about the School can be found at www.qub.ac.uk/schools/NBE/
Anticipated interview date: week commencing 1 May 2018
Salary scale: Lecturer: £35,550 – £49,149 per annum (potential to progress to £52,132 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Senior Lecturer: £50,618 – £58,655 per annum (potential to progress to £64,079 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Closing date: Friday 23 March 2018
For full criteria and to apply online, visit www.qub.ac.uk/jobs. For further information or assistance contact Human Resources, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on HR@qub.ac.uk
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability.