Contract Duration: 3 years (renewable)
The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is one of the highest ranked scientific research organisations worldwide. The Headquarters Laboratory is located in Heidelberg (Germany), with additional sites in Barcelona (Spain), Grenoble (France), Hamburg (Germany), Hinxton near Cambridge (UK) and Rome (Italy).
The Human Resources Department is responsible to deliver high quality HR services to all EMBL personnel of approx. 1800 from over 80 nations working at EMBL Headquarters and its sites. We are looking for a Human Resources Administrator who will be part of the Compensation and Benefits team. Reporting to the Senior Human Resources Officer, the Human Resources Administrator will perform the following duties:
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks in respect of administration of contracts, benefits and entitlements: e.g. record attendance, process education grants, draft certificates, process overtime requests; calculate unemployment benefits; process change in working time, prepare manual payments; send leavers’ notifications.
- Assist in the preparation of the payroll including salaries, benefits, and social security contributions in accordance with EMBL Staff Rules and Regulations.
- Ensure consistent application of the Staff Rules and Regulations as well as the corresponding documents and memoranda. For individual queries outside of the Rules and Regulations and associated documents propose workable solutions to the Senior Officer and make sure they are duly recorded in the appropriate files.
- Process travel and related claims in accordance with established policies and procedures and in a client oriented manner.
- Maintain and keep master data regularly updated in SAP.
- File and scan documents and maintains up-to-date paper files.
- Extract data from SAP for management information, statistics and other reports.
- Draft responses to inquiries; certificates, documentation and draft reports when required.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- A high school diploma and additional training in the area of administration.
- Several years of relevant experience within administration, human resources administration, information systems and statistics.
- Relevant experience in administration of benefits and entitlements is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office with expert knowledge of excel are essential.
- Knowledge of SAP HR Module and experience in implementing and monitoring payroll and HR entitlements in SAP.
- A conscientious attitude, high numerical accuracy, the ability to prioritize tasks and work independently in his/her area of responsibility, yet seeking guidance when required.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and high customer service orientation to provide a state-of-the-art service to EMBL personnel at all levels.
- English, French and German are the working languages of EMBL. Fluency in oral and written English is essential. Working knowledge of German and/or French an advantage.
Please apply online through www.embl.org/jobs
EMBL is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation with a very collegial and family friendly working environment. The remuneration package comprises from a competitive salary, a comprehensive pension scheme, medical, educational and other social benefits, as well as financial support for relocation and installation, including your family.
Please note that appointments on fixed term contracts can be renewed, depending on circumstances at the time of the review.