Professional Doctorate in Education (Higher Education)
Laureate Online Education in Partnership with the University of Liverpool is accepting applications for Thesis Supervisors for the EdD programme in Higher Education.
The University of Liverpool’s Doctor of Education – Higher Education (EdD) is an international professional doctoral programme, which focuses on the latest practice, research, and thinking about leadership within Higher Education environments. The programme places emphasis on the development of an understanding of universities that operate in a global context.
We wish to add to our team of thesis supervisors by seeking active researchers in education who have made a recognised contribution to the literature and are familiar with a range of educational research methodologies.
The ideal candidate will be a specialist in the field of Higher Education who has previous experience in teaching and supervising doctoral candidates engaged in studying professional programmes, preferably online and to completion.
- A doctoral level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Conduct of recent research relevant to the study of higher education. In terms of research outputs in the last five years the candidate should have: three peer-reviewed publications in journals that are at least of national excellence or two peer-reviewed publications in peer-reviewed journals and four other publicly available intellectual contributions such as papers published in international conference proceedings
- Prior experience of supervising or examining doctoral candidates.
- Excellent skills in oral and written communication in English.
- Capacity to maintain good personal relations while working remotely.
- Membership of a recognised academic journal editorial board
- Acting as a reviewer of articles submitted for publication in a recognised academic journal.
- Previous experience of supervising doctoral students in an online context.
- Experience in examining research degrees
Details of both the taught and thesis elements of the EdD programme can be found at https://www.online.liverpool.ac.uk/programmes/doctor-of-education
For further information about pay and conditions contact Jackie Wilson at email@example.com
Successful applicants will be invited to participate in a two week online training programme, which is unrestricted by specific hours or geographic location.
Application is by CV. This should include a list of recent and relevant research, publications and attendance/contribution to conferences, evidence of relevant higher education experience including the number of completed doctoral supervisions, subjects taught as well as details of two referees. Please specify in a covering letter how your experience prepares you for the role.
Please select the personal email address that you include within your CV, and that you use to submit your CV to us, with care. This is the email address that will be associated with your other individual details on our electronic systems. It will be difficult to change this email address subsequently.
In addition, given the complexity of our systems, it would be helpful if you could indicate if you have ever held a University of Liverpool, University of Roehampton, or Laureate email address. This will make it possible to ensure your personal email address and profile is not inadvertently linked with anyone else’s account.
Applications will be accepted until April 19th