Hertie School of Governance
|Location:||Berlin – Germany|
|Placed on:||23rd April 2018|
|Closes:||14th May 2018|
The Hertie School of Governance, Berlin
A European Professional School for Public Policy is recruiting a
Director of Executive Education (f/m)
full-time (40h/week) initial fixed-term contract of 2 years with the option of a permanent contract thereafter
The Hertie School of Governance is an international teaching and research center of excellence that prepares students for leadership positions in government, business, and civil society. An internationally recruited faculty, interdisciplinary in outlook, research, and teaching, offers analytically challenging and practice-oriented courses on governance, policy analysis, management, and leadership. As a professional school, Hertie School faculty has a strong commitment to high-quality teaching. Our goal is to help students grow intellectually in a professional, research-intensive environment, characterized by public debate and engagement.
- Entrepreneurial leadership, including budget responsibility, of the Executive Education programs, reporting to the Dean Executive Education (member of faculty).
- Leadership of the Executive Education team.
- Responsibility for strategic portfolio development and program development, including open enrolment, certificates and programs for specific target groups.
- Program marketing, customer identification and acquisition; negotiations with current and potential clients.
- Acquisition of sponsors / financing for specific programs.
- Preparation of tenders/offers.
- Close collaboration with members of faculty, course instructors, and researchers to identify topics for Executive Education.
- Academic degree, ideally including a PhD
- Relevant professional experience (project- and program-management including team leadership) gained in an international company or the international higher education context.
- Proven track record in strategic planning and business development; strong drive and eager to take initiative.
- Profound knowledge in program marketing and communication.
- Passion for public policy and affinity to the topics covered by the Hertie School faculty.
- Reliable knowledge of the relevant institutions in higher education and post-graduate professional education
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Fluent in English and German (professional proficiency)
- An internationally competitive salary in line with the candidate’s qualifications
- A vibrant academic community that emphasizes excellence in research and teaching as well as an interdisciplinary perspective
- An equal opportunity employer and family-friendly work environment
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org using the heading “Director of Executive Education” and indicating where you found this advertisement. The deadline for submission of applications is May 14th 2018.
The Hertie School will review applications that include a letter of motivation, a current curriculum vitae, relevant certificates and references as well as a work permit for non-EU citizens. Please combine all the documents into one pdf file.
Please contact the incoming Dean Executive Education Prof. Dr. Andrea Römmele (email@example.com) in case of further questions relating to this offer or contact Kirsten Latotzky, Director Legal & HR, for any questions regarding the applications process. Strict confidentiality is assured.