Campus: South Kensington, London
This is an exciting, fast paced and varied role within the busy but friendly Careers & Professional Development Service (C&PDS). The C&PDS at Imperial College Business School facilitates comprehensive and specialist career planning, support and information to all Business School students and alumni, while building recruitment opportunities with employers. You will work as a flexible member of the team, contributing excellent, seamless administration and coordination to our stakeholders, including students, alumni, programme teams and employers.
Duties and responsibilities:
This is an essential role within the team as you will be the first point of contact for students and alumni engaging with the careers service, communicating regularly with them via bulletins and online postings. You will:
- Play a critical role in helping to ensure the C&PDS provides a high quality service.
- Support the coordination and marketing of workshops, schedule appointments and consultations for students with both Careers Consultants and external associates, and offer operational support to careers clubs.
- Provide assistance to the Director of Careers, support the Employer Relations team in the coordination and delivery of events, and report on availability of resources versus demand.
- Have responsibility for facilities management, supporting HR matters, and budget administration.
You will have:
- Experience of office administration
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment providing front line support to users
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders and a varied workload
- Diary management or Executive Assistant experience
- Experience of working with a Virtual Learning Environment, Timetabling platforms and/or e-booking systems
You will have energy and enthusiasm, commitment and an interest in students’ development, the ability to juggle tasks and a positive helpful attitude. Above all you will need to be able to work under pressure, particularly during the busy Autumn term, both independently and as part of the team.
As a person you will have a flexible and customer focused approach with excellent verbal and written communication. You will have exceptional attention to detail and strong organisation and IT skills. As well as a high level of organisation and time management skills.
You will bring strong interpersonal skills to liaise effectively with students and staff across the School in order to ensure a high quality service is delivered and be a willing and resourceful team member who is happy to participate and contribute to the general work of the department.
This is a part time post (0.6 FTE) with flexibility to work either 10.00am – 3.00pm or 9.00am – 2.00pm Monday to Friday.
For an informal conversation about the post please contact Sarah Ranchev-Hale, Assistant Director – Employer Relations on email@example.com
To view full details and apply, click on the ‘Apply’ button below. Please enter the job title or vacancy reference number into the search field. Please ensure your personal statement consists of no more than 1000 words.
Closing date: 14 March 2018 (midnight GMT)
Should you have any queries about the application process please contact Naz Hussain on 020 7594 1583 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical issues when applying online, please contact: email@example.com