The Precision Medicine Centre of Excellence (PMC) at Queen’s University Belfast is a new clinical laboratory bringing together high-throughput genomics, digital pathology and big data analytics in a fully integrated fashion. The PMC aims to accelerate the translation of potentially relevant diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic findings into clinically actionable information by applying state-of-the-art technology in a clinical laboratory environment. Our partnerships and collaborations with industry, academia and healthcare organisations maximises the potential to capitalise in the value of integrated clinical and biomarker information to improve patient’s outcome.
The post is available for five years to lead the clinical genomics area of the laboratory in the validation and reporting of molecular pathology investigations, including the implementation of clinical genomics protocols for precision cancer medicine in haematological and solid tumours. The successful candidate will also work closely with the Scientific Lead in Genomics and Bioinformatics team to develop new assays and adopt the necessary laboratory technology and infrastructure.
The successful candidate must have:
- A Postgraduate degree (PhD or MSc) in Cancer Genomics, Applied Genomics, Human Genetics, or related discipline.
- A current HCPC registration as a Clinical Scientist in molecular pathology or genetics, or equivalent international qualification.
- Substantial relevant clinical experience in genomics/molecular pathology.
- Significant experience in validating, implementing, analysing and reporting a wide range of clinical molecular pathology tests.
- Experience designing, developing, managing and analysing NGS technologies and data.
- Experience leading a section of an accredited clinical genomics or molecular pathology laboratory.
- Experience managing budgets and large projects.
Anticipated interview date: Thursday 24 May 2018
Salary scale: £39,992 – £49,149 per annum (potential to progress to £52,132 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Closing date: Friday 4 May 2018
For full criteria and to apply online, visit www.qub.ac.uk/jobs. For further information or assistance contact Human Resources, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on HR@qub.ac.uk
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.