Founded in 1845 as Queen’s College Belfast, we became an independent university in 1908. Today, we’re a member of the Russell Group, combining excellence in research and education with a student-centred ethos.
The HR Directorate consists of 6 departments and is taking forward a number of key priorities within the People and Culture Strategy. HR Services is 1 of the 6 departments and responsible for the delivery of HR administrative activity to provide a quicker service to managers, HR reporting and the development and support of HR Systems. The department also has responsibility for international staff advice and support for UK Visa & Immigration compliance.
Initially available for 9-12 months, the Project Manager will develop a business case to assess options in relation to the end to end processes and systems for the future engagement of Atypical Workers within the University. The successful applicant will be responsible for compiling a detailed business case for consideration by key stakeholders, senior management groups and committees and reporting progress through such.
Our five core values (Respect, Integrity, Excellence, Ambition, Connected) have been developed by staff and students. They express our shared understanding of what we believe, how we aim to behave and what we aspire to be as an international organisation.
The successful candidate must:
- Be educated to degree level in a relevant business or I.T. subject with 3 years’ relevant experience or 5 years’ of relevant experience to include:
– Defining of business requirements with strategic focus.
– Business case development with assessment of options, and identification of preferred option.
– Project planning and delivery to key measures – time, budget and quality.
– Stakeholder management and programme reporting.
– Business process review and redesign.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have excellent planning and analytical skills.
Further information about the Directorate can be found at http://www.qub.ac.uk/hr
Anticipated interview date: Tuesday 1 May 2018
Closing date: Friday 13 April 2018
For full criteria and to apply online, visit www.qub.ac.uk/jobs. For further information or assistance contact Human Resources, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on HR@qub.ac.uk
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.