Center for Bachelor of Engineering Studies, DTU Diplom, has an opening for an Assistant Professor / Associate Professor for teaching in the field of Applied Electronics.
DTU Diplom, Center for Bachelor of Engineering Studies is part of Technical University of Denmark and is located at DTU Ballerup Campus. DTU Diplom offers Bachelor Engineering programs, Foundation Courses and Continuing Education. Teaching is project and problem based and is targeted business and industry. The program prepares engineering students for careers in a globalized world.
Responsibilities and tasks
The job includes lecturing as well as supervision of students, inspiring and supporting them for their future career. The department takes part in development projects. Your work is carried out in collaboration with business and industry and with research and educational institutions at home and abroad. The language of teaching is primarily Danish; however certain courses and supervision may be in English.
We are looking for colleagues with both industrial experience and teaching experience in one or more of the following fields:
- Applied digital systems and Microprocessor design and implementing in hardware
- Circuit technology
- Analog hardware design
It is a requirement that the candidate fully understands the electrotechnical field of applied electronics. Also, you must be prepared to expand your teaching competencies to meet DTU’s future needs.
We expect that you hold a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in engineering. Besides teaching experience you must have:
- Relevant work experience within electronic design, either in a company or through studies in an academic environment
- Fully understands the theoretical background for applied electronics design
- Understands the dependency and interaction between software, digital and analog design and digital construction
- Broad competences within the electro technological field and applied electronics
- Good organizational skills and the desire and ability to cooperate in an interdisciplinary team
- A good ”drive” with respect to initiating and executing development projects both pedagogically and professionally
- Willingness to, and experience in actively contribution to the development of the study program and the profession
- Ability and/or background to corporate with the industry and relevant institutes at Lyngby Campus
- Proficiency in Danish and English – Candidates who do not speak Danish should be willing to learn Danish within the first two-three years in order to be able to teach in Danish.
You must be dedicated to teaching and supervising, taking care of both Danish and international students. It is an advantage if you have experience and knowledge of pedagogy and didactics. You should also be interested in being active in the development of the curriculum, actively contribute to the professional development of the program, including participation in external development and innovation projects.
Additionally, the Electronics group focus on Innovation projects in the fields of Applied Electronics and system development. Experience in these two fields will be taken into account in the assessment.
The employee is expected to:
- Further develop his/hers professional expertise by participating in professional development projects in collaboration with industry
- Participate in the continous development of the contemporary PCB and microelectronic laboratory at Ballerup campus, as well as teaching and course development in this field
Please submit your online application no later than 19 April 2018.
To view the full announcement and to apply: www.career.dtu.dk