Direct Manager: Registrar
To promote London College of International Business Studies (LCIBS) through the provision of high quality detailed information and customer service to enable individuals to make an informed choice of education provider and maximise student recruitment.
The post-holder will be member of a team of admissions professionals with responsibility for the recruitment and admissions of students to LCIBS. S/he will be working closely with academic staff across the College and will be liaising with schools, colleges, agents, other sales partners and directly with applicants. S/he will also be expected to participate in recruitment activities and to support Head of Sales and Marketing activities in a professional and flexible manner. This varied role requires the exercise of independent judgement and initiative, strong administrative and excellent interpersonal skills. The role holder will demonstrate accuracy and attention to details with the ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
- Coordinate the admissions processing of a portfolio of programmes in close liaison with academic and registry departments, applying agreed criteria to make admissions decisions consistently and fairly.
- Handle telephone and email enquiries from prospective students, their parents, teachers and advisers independently and in a timely and professional manner.
- Process incoming applications for all degree programmes, checking qualifications, the validity of decisions and authenticity of results.
- Enter decisions and generate offers using the College Student Management system and other databases with the aim of 100% accuracy.
- Monitor the responses of applicants to decisions and provide data to Departments on applicant status and workflow.
- Ensure that correct procedures are followed when dealing with fraudulent applications, applicants with criminal convictions, under-age applicants and applicants with special needs.
- Ensure that correct procedures are followed when dealing with international students requiring UK visas in accordance with the UKVI policies.
- Liaise regularly with both academic and administrative staff.
- Monitor Request Tracker (web-based enquiry and admission system) queues and help collate data relating to all admissions enquiries.
- Represent the College at higher education conventions.
- Assist with the monitoring and updating of all information relating to admissions.
- Actively adhering to and promoting the highest levels of customer service standards throughout the process from initial enquiry to student enrolment.
- Assist with the provision of on-the-job training for new staff.
- Supporting the Admissions Team by undertaking, other ad hoc duties as and when required.
- The post-holder may be asked to help other sections of the Registry and to undertake duties as requested by the Registrar from time to time.
Policies & Procedures
- The post holder is required to familiarise themselves with all College policies and procedures and to comply with these at all times.
- To adhere to LCIBS Equal Opportunities policy in all activities, and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible.
Confidentiality & Data Protection
- The post holder must maintain the confidentiality of information about students, staff and any other personal information and meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act (1998) at all times. The post holder must comply with all University Information and Data Protection policies at all times.
- This job description is intended to provide a broad outline of the main responsibilities only. The post holder is required to be flexible in developing their role in agreement with their designated manager. In addition, they may be required by their manager to carry out any other duty commensurate with their grading and expertise.
- This is a busy and demanding position requiring a proactive and positive approach towards providing a service exceeding customer expectation.
Assessed by (AF / Int / T*)
Educated to NVQ level 2 / 3 (Assessed by AF)
Experience including English Language and Mathematics (Assessed by AF)
Appropriate specialist / Professional Qualification(s) (Assessed by AF)
e.g. Customer Services or equivalent (Assessed by AF)
Experience and Knowledge
A proven record of generalist administrative experience (Assessed by AF/I)
Experience of working in a customer-focused environment (Assessed by AF/I)
Experience of providing information & advice (Assessed by AF/I)
Knowledge of the UK secondary education system (Assessed by AF/I)
Understanding of the UCAS application process and higher education admission (Assessed by AF/I)
An awareness of good data management practice e.g. Freedom of Information, Data Protection (Assessed by AF/I)
Experience of the UK Higher Education sector (Assessed by AF/I)
Experience of admissions in a higher education setting (Assessed by AF/I)
Understanding of both undergraduate & postgraduate higher education admissions processes (Assessed by AF/I)
Computer literate with experience of MS (Word, Excel and email packages) (Assessed by AF/Int)
A confident user of databases and reporting tools (Assessed by AF/Int)
Ability to work with speed and accuracy
Attributes/competencies (to be demonstrated by the job holder)
Communication (Assessed by AF/Int)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain professional attitude
Customer Focus (Assessed by AF/Int)
- Commitment to high quality customer service
- Commitment to continuous improvement of the customer’s experience
- Responsive to problems and complaints
Teamwork (Assessed by AF/Int)
- Able to be helpful and supportive of other team members
- Able to listen and take advice from colleagues
Planning & Organising (Assessed by AF/Int)
- Well organised, accurate keeper of records
- Prioritise work tasks and plan how deadlines will be met
- Finish jobs and deliver on schedule
- Able to work effectively under pressure
Flexibility (Assessed by AF)
- Able to work in an environment where change is a constant feature
- Flexible, adaptable and willing to work occasional weekends and evenings with some overnight stays
- Willingness to undertake training
*(AF: Application form, I: Interview, T: Testing
It may not be possible to take leave at certain times of the year, particularly in August as this is one of our busiest times.
The principal function of the Registry is to co-ordinate all aspects of student administration from admission through to graduation.