University of Luxembourg
|Location:||Woluwe-saint-pierre – Belgium|
|Funding for:||UK Students, EU Students|
|Funding amount:||Not specified|
|Placed on:||2018-04-25||25th April 2018|
|Closes:||31st May 2018|
|Reference:||50011537 / 50011646|
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg invites applications for the following vacancies in the Laboratory for photovoltaics in the frame of research projects funded by the Fonds national de la recherche.
The Laboratory for Photovoltaics develops novel thin film solar cells, which are more cost efficient than conventional solar cells because they need less material and energy for their production. The successful candidate will participate in projects that study the electronic structure of these solar cells.
- Ref. 50011537 / 50011646
- Fixed Term Contract up to 3 years in total (pending satisfaction of progress milestones),
- Full-time (40h/week)
- Start date: July 2018
- Employee and student status
The doctoral students will be members of the Physics and Materials Science research unit within the Faculty of Science, Technology and Communication at the University of Luxembourg. They will work under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Siebentritt.
- Preparation of semiconductor films by physical or chemical vapour deposition
- Electrical characterisation of absorbers and solar cells
- Publications in international journals and conferences
- Writing a thesis
- Master degree in Physics (or equivalent) with excellent grades
- Good background in solid state physics, preferably in solar cells, semiconductors
- Self-motivated, committed and curious
- Creative and able to think independently
- Excellent command of English
- Exciting topic in the context of solar energy
- Friendly international team
- Modern, well equipped laboratory
- Committed supervisor
- Competitive remuneration
Candidates should submit the following documents in English (incomplete applications will not be considered):
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae, incl. publication list
- Copies of diplomas, including grade reports and transcript of courses taken
(simple copies and translations are fine)
Please send your application in English online until 31st May 2018 by clicking on the button below.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.
Share this PhD
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback
* Salary has been converted at the prevailing rate on the date placed